Friday, March 17, 2006

More on del.icio.us

So, I wrote earlier about the favorites website, del.icio.us. I just wanted to talk about another use of this website.

I will be part of a panel discussion for a TLA pre-conference. The title of our presentation is Meeting the Needs of Diverse Populations. I will talk about the ways Memphis Public Library & Information Center bridges the digital divide.

I refer to several reports in the presentation, and at the end, I will send them to this website:

http://del.icio.us/tladigitaldivide

This website has links to the various reports I refer to throughout the presentation. Many times, websites can be extremely long. People may not want to type in those lengthy URLs. However, by creating a del.icio.us account specifically for this presentation, I can refer people to one address and they can click on the reports they want and receive them instantaneously.

No comments: